Wednesday, March 5, 2014

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

I love college basketball! I love March college basketball even more! To me, there is no better time in the year than March Madness. Starting last night, we run a streak of the 6 most exciting weeks in sports. The conference tournaments got under way last night with the Patriot league and the NCAA tournament starts exactly 14 days away! In between midterms, spring break, classes, and practices, I will be glued to my computer and television screens watching some of the best basketball games of the year. But before the actual watching of the games comes the predicting of the winners of the conference tournaments, then who makes the NCAA tournament and eventually the perfect bracket. I try and convince myself that I am the next Joe Lunardi (even though according to the BracketProject I don't want to be). I have always been my own bracketologist, but now I am putting it out there for the world to see.

Over the next two weeks, I will be posting my winners to each conference tournament as well as a continuously updated NCAA tournament bracket as well. No matter what you think of my projections, feel free to comment and discuss this as there is no better argument than one about sports.

Conference Tournament Projections:

These will be a running list of each conference tournament according to the starting date of that conference. The Patriot League had there opening games last night, while the Atlantic Sun and Horizon leagues get under way tomorrow.

Patriot League - Boston University
Atlantic Sun - Mercer University (Capable of major upsets)
Horizon - Green Bay
Big South - Winthrop
Northeastern - Robert Morris
Ohio Valley - Belmont

NCAA Tournament Projections (Bracketology)

This is strictly my opinion of what I believe (as of 3 PM, March 5, 2014) the field of 68 will look like come Selection Sunday. I have the S-curve of the 68 teams. The teams that are Italicized are the conference tournament winner. Here is what the bracket would look like.

1 seeds -  Arizona, Florida, Wichita St., Kansas
2 seeds - Virginia, Duke, Wisconsin, Villanova, 
3 Seeds - Michigan, Syracuse, Creighton, Iowa St.
4 Seeds - Cincinnati, Michigan St., St. Louis, North Carolina
5 Seeds - San Diego St., Louisville, Oklahoma, UCLA
6 Seeds - Massachusetts, Texas, Kentucky, New Mexico
7 Seeds - Connecticut, Ohio State, VCU, Iowa
8 Seeds - Memphis, Colorado, Arizona St., Kansas St.
9 Seeds - SMU, Gonzaga, George Washington, Oklahoma St.
10 Seeds - BYU, Stanford, St. Joseph's, Baylor
11 Seeds - Oregon, Xavier, Pittsburgh, Arkansas, Providence
12 Seeds - Tennessee, California, Southern Miss, Green Bay, Harvard
13 Seeds - Stephen F. Austin, Toledo, Belmont, North Dakota St.
14 Seeds - Iona, Mercer, Georgia St., Delaware
15 Seeds - Boston U., Southern, UC Irvine, Davidson
16 Seeds - North Carolina Central, Robert Morris, Utah Valley, Weber St., Winthrop, Alabama St.

Last 4 Byes: Baylor, Oregon, Xavier, Pittsburgh
Last 4 In: Arkansas, Providence, Tennessee, California
First 4 Out: Nebraska, Dayton, Minnesota, Missouri
Next 4 Out: Georgetown, St. John's, Florida St., NC State

There will be bi-daily updates this week and then will move to daily updates starting next Monday, March 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment